High-functioning (or mild) Autism
These are some of the characteristics of a child with (high-functioning) autism:
– They may find eye contact very difficult
– They may prefer to be alone, and don’t like other children invading their personal space
– They may flap their hands when upset
– They may have delayed speech
– They may be very literal, which makes it difficult for them to make friends and to understand instructions given orally
– They may find change difficult
– They may be repetitive.
If your child is exhibiting any of these symptoms, ERS may be able to help you.