These are some of the characteristics of a child with dyspraxia:
– Clumsiness – dropping things or tripping up
– No or little sense of time
– Poor body co-ordination
– Little sense of direction
– Poor attention span
– Difficulty, for example, in using scissors, can openers, writing neatly, tying bows, riding a bicycle
– Difficulty in a laboratory and kitchen
– Some difficulty in predicting the consequences of their actions
– Reactive and spontaneous behaviour
– Lack of awareness of personal space.
If your child is exhibiting any of these symptoms, ERS may be able to help you.