Attention Difficulties (ADHD, ADD)
These are some of the characteristics of a child with attention difficulties:
– Their mind is ‘buzzing with lots of different things’
– Behaviour is consistently impulsive, inattentive and often overactive
– It is hard to sustain attention, listening, following instructions and organising
– They may be forgetful, blurt out answers, make inappropriate comments, interrupt
– They may fidget, leave their seats, gaze into space
– Difficulty with sequential organisation of thought.
If your child is exhibiting any of these symptoms, ERS may be able to help you.